From RHJunior Comics Wiki
Penny even knows a thing or two about the Boggart creature in the arcade's basement.
Once, when both Beltane and Mrs. Peckensnif were in Goblin Hollow, she belted into both of them, citing their faults and identifying the reason why they were there. She was dragged off before she could get to the Preacher.
Later in the story, after being goaded to attend the church that Lily and Ben went to, she encountered a televangelist named H. Lee Roller. After a late announcement that took place at the end of the services, Roller targeted Penny as she walked out, as if he were singling her out as proof of what he was speaking about. Penny turned around and launched a tirade at Roller for him being petty and unethical. After being dragged to the parking lot, Penny went into a rage and openly swore, earning a slap to her face by her sister and a week's grounding.
Penny explained why she herself had no trust in preachers like Roller: the recent suicide of her best friend, Tiffany, to whom she met at Summer Vacation Bible School. When they got into high school, Tiffany was taking medication to stabilize her depression, but after listening to a radio evangelist who then called her a sinner because he said "people who did that didn't trust God to lift them up and weren't God-fearing Christians". She then was spurred on by him to not take the prescribed pills, only commit suicide because the depression had worsened. The radio preacher went back on the air to blame Tiffany's death on video games, as well as rock and roll on the day the girl's funeral services.
After that, an embittered Penny started ranting in anger about why God had forsaken those victimized by the evil and the evil flourishing. Ben then confronted Penny on this issue, stating that she as well as Tiffany were forgiven by Jesus long before her suicide.
Recently, Penny had been spied upon by Slick by Ben to see what she was up to, due to some suspicious behavior she was displaying and he found: ·A recent fight with her boyfriend ·Sneaking out of the house ·Buy baby clothes a a local store ·Sneaking into an abandoned office building ·A pregnancy test in Penny's waste can, which was positive.
Ben, with Lily and unknowingly The Posse, pulled Penny out of school and was going to confront her about what is going on. As they drove toward home, they stopped briefly, noticing the office building was on fire! Penny rushed into the burning building in attempt to rescue who or what was in there. Ben and the Posse rushed in after her, saving Penny, who had carried out TWO goblins of her own!
Penny introduced her own goblins, Sugar and Pepper, then explained how she came about possessing them, worrying that she and they would become threatened by those who would not understand. Ben called the Posse in, letting her know about the secret he and Lily kept until then.
In the pre-retcon version of the webcomic, called Under the Lemon Tree, certain facts were stated that have not so far been repeated, changed, or made irrelevant in the currently posted version. These include:
- When first seen, Penny was dressed like a teen-tart pop-star wannabe (according to Lily she applied her makeup with a spoon). The goblin Sugar emulates Penny's previous pop-star persona.
- At some point, she changed her style to semi-goth, including black hair draped to one side, midriff-baring black tank top and hip-hugger pants, visible waistband thong panties, and silver ear piercings and other goth-style jewelry. The goblin Pepper emulates Penny's goth persona.
- Not long after those image changes, she was sent to live with her sister to get her away from the influence of her bigoted grandfather.
- Penny fills notebooks with goth/emo/angst poetry about how "unfair" the world is. At one point, Morty used a number of of those notebooks to make a nest because he could "feel the angst".
- She has had several near-encounters with The Posse, but has no evidence and so far has tried to deny her experiences. Yet she still reacts to any mention of an "invisible bunny".
- Her online chat name is "BAD_PENNY".