"Writer Seeking Cartoonist(s)"

(...and olds.)
Forum rules
No trolling, spamming, harassment, vulgarity or profanity.

"Writer Seeking Cartoonist(s)"

Postby Deckard Canine » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:53 pm

In case you didn't see the front page announcement:
I’m wanting to start up my other comics again.

However, I know from experience that the workload (count the strips, folks. That’s what, seven, eight comics?) is too much for me to solo. So I’m looking to collaborate with someone else. Myself as writer, them as artist, splitting the profits.

I would obviously like to co-write with a fellow Christian and someone who shares sociopolitical views with me. No sense in starting out with “creative differences,” after all. Writer and artist need to at least see eye to eye.

If you are interested in working with me on one or more of my titles, please contact me at rhjunior@gmail.com

Ralph, by "my other comics" do you mean TotQ and QQSR...or others that you haven't touched in a longer while? I considered asking this by email, but the answer concerns us all.

Yes, I'm weighing the option of giving it a go. Ralph's seen my passable Racconans in fan art. I couldn't churn out Sunday-style strips fast, but it's not like he sets rigid deadlines.

OTOH, there's his soapboxing. I agree with, or at least don't mind, most of his opinions, but every so often he says something to make me shake my head. Even if that doesn't happen this time, he's sure to be brash. I'm a bit concerned at what my acquaintances outside these forums, almost all of them further to the left, would think if they found out why I put "Downscale" on hiatus.

I think I'll offer my services only if Ralph has trouble finding other takers.
Please read my webcomic, "Downscale," which updates Tuesdays and Fridays.

And for my movie reviews, look here.
Deckard Canine

Re: "Writer Seeking Cartoonist(s)"

Postby ChosenChaos » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:19 am

Deckard Canine wrote:In case you didn't see the front page announcement:
I’m wanting to start up my other comics again.

However, I know from experience that the workload (count the strips, folks. That’s what, seven, eight comics?) is too much for me to solo. So I’m looking to collaborate with someone else. Myself as writer, them as artist, splitting the profits.

I would obviously like to co-write with a fellow Christian and someone who shares sociopolitical views with me. No sense in starting out with “creative differences,” after all. Writer and artist need to at least see eye to eye.

If you are interested in working with me on one or more of my titles, please contact me at rhjunior@gmail.com

Ralph, by "my other comics" do you mean TotQ and QQSR...or others that you haven't touched in a longer while? I considered asking this by email, but the answer concerns us all.

Yes, I'm weighing the option of giving it a go. Ralph's seen my passable Racconans in fan art. I couldn't churn out Sunday-style strips fast, but it's not like he sets rigid deadlines.

OTOH, there's his soapboxing. I agree with, or at least don't mind, most of his opinions, but every so often he says something to make me shake my head. Even if that doesn't happen this time, he's sure to be brash. I'm a bit concerned at what my acquaintances outside these forums, almost all of them further to the left, would think if they found out why I put "Downscale" on hiatus.

I think I'll offer my services only if Ralph has trouble finding other takers.

I suspect that he's looking at restarting strips like Goblin Hollow and Nip & Tuck.
ChosenChaos

Postby Lord Firebeard » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:05 pm

ChosenChaos wrote:I suspect that he's looking at restarting strips like Goblin Hollow and Nip & Tuck.

That is what he said in the livestream.
Thus saith the lord of flaming facial fur.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.” ― George Orwell

Check out my art and stories! http://lt-fennec.deviantart.com/
Lord Firebeard

Postby Wanderer » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:54 pm

Well, yay! :werewolf: I wish I could help... hm, maybe I can. Let me check with a cartoonist friend or two.
Wanderer

Title: Forum Google-Fu Master
Species: C. lupus fuscus

Postby Jacob Thursday » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:31 pm

I've sent my name in for consideration.

I'm raw, but I'm good.

It would be a dream come true to work with our RH. :D
“Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?”
Jacob Thursday

Title: That Furry In The Corner

Postby monkeywrench » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:45 pm

It's annoying that I know several skilled artists but none would be a good option as they aren't exactly reliable. One is in the Navy and is gone several months at a time. One already has too much on her plate. The third just takes forever to get anything done (and would surely balk at working with Ralph anyway due to many differences in political opinion.) I wouldn't mind doing it myself, but the best I can do is stick figures...crooked, malformed stick figures.
If you read a news headline that's phrased as a question, the answer is probably "No".
monkeywrench

Postby Spambot » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:54 pm

monkeywrench wrote:It's annoying that I know several skilled artists but none would be a good option as they aren't exactly reliable. One is in the Navy and is gone several months at a time. One already has too much on her plate. The third just takes forever to get anything done (and would surely balk at working with Ralph anyway due to many differences in political opinion.) I wouldn't mind doing it myself, but the best I can do is stick figures...crooked, malformed stick figures.

That didn't stop xkcd :mrgreen:
Virtutis gloria merces
Scientia potestas est
Spambot

Title: Metasemantic Inquisitor
Species: Centauri Moose

Postby Sasquatch » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:26 am

Thinking on this, I'm wondering if the main ones like 'Goblin Hollow' and 'Nip & Tuck' might be left alone and some of his less well known ones resumed. Personally I think that 'Witch Hunter' would be a good one, and maybe 'Fellowship of Heroes'.
Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est
A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65 AD)
Sasquatch

Title: Insane scientist
Species: Yowie

Postby McClaw » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:41 am

I think Fellowship of Heroes would make an excellent comic to continue with. IIRC, he's got a lot of the story done.
I don't judge people by their Age, Race, Creed, Color or Religion.
I judge them by their Syntax, Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation.

-- from a T-shirt.
McClaw

Postby Wanderer » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:58 am

McClaw wrote:I think Fellowship of Heroes would make an excellent comic to continue with. IIRC, he's got a lot of the story done.

Oh, not by half. He still has all those other heroes to introduce, after all.
Wanderer

Title: Forum Google-Fu Master
Species: C. lupus fuscus

Postby wolfie_inu » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:11 pm

A-heh. Yeah, our political differences of opinion, while minor in the grander scheme of things, would probably stop this from ever happening with me as the artist. Still, potentially a good idea.
Napoleon and all his veterans have never treated us so roughly as these hard-bitten farmers with their ancient theology and their inconveniently modern rifles.
wolfie_inu

Postby Spens » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:45 pm

I threw my email in the hat...

...Now we wait.

Seriously, though. I'd love to do this. His work kinda inspired me to do my own comics.
Spens

Title: 460haulic
Species: Red fox

Postby wolfie_inu » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:38 pm

Spens wrote:His work kinda inspired me to do my own comics.

Same. Original-brand Quentyn is the BOMB. :D
Napoleon and all his veterans have never treated us so roughly as these hard-bitten farmers with their ancient theology and their inconveniently modern rifles.
wolfie_inu

Postby The J.A.M. » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:12 pm

Wish I could draw to help out...but then if I could, I wouldn't have commissioned him... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The J.A.M.

Title: El Mexicano
Species: Panthera onca

Postby VinnieD » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:04 am

Could be a good opportunity for me to get some artist cred, and since my own comic is only a weekly, I might consider it depending on what the demands are.
http://antibunny.com A comic about bunnies and noir.
http://gungeekfrag.tumblr.com my gun blog.
VinnieD

Postby mistdragon » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:13 am

I was wondering anyone know just which comic's he wants to start up again? Because I might be interested in this opportunity depending on what it calls for and what exactly I would be doing, as in how much time it would take and such. I am an artist and love making comics, and I really like his comics, especially Tales of the Questor and Space Ranger.
mistdragon

Species: Fox

Postby Lord Firebeard » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:19 am

mistdragon wrote:I was wondering anyone know just which comic's he wants to start up again? Because I might be interested in this opportunity depending on what it calls for and what exactly I would be doing, as in how much time it would take and such. I am an artist and love making comics, and I really like his comics, especially Tales of the Questor and Space Ranger.

I'm pretty sure that it would be Nip & Tuck, Goblen Hollow, and The Fellowship of Heros. I know for sure that if he finds someone who does superhero style comics, he wants to restart Fellowship.
Thus saith the lord of flaming facial fur.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.” ― George Orwell

Check out my art and stories! http://lt-fennec.deviantart.com/
Lord Firebeard

Postby RedDwarfIV » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:38 pm

I could...

*creative differences TO THE FACE*

Never mind
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.
RedDwarfIV

Title: Fleet Commander

Postby larkspur » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:23 am

Hey heads up everyone, if you've been sending email to rhjunior@gmail.com, even though that's address on the news post, it's the wrong email address. His email is rhjunior01@gmail.com.

*returns to lurking forever*
larkspur

Postby Spambot » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:33 am

larkspur wrote:Hey heads up everyone, if you've been sending email to rhjunior@gmail.com, even though that's address on the news post, it's the wrong email address. His email is rhjunior01@gmail.com.

*returns to lurking forever*

It occurs to me that lurkers cannot see the debate hall, which is where all the interesting topics are.
Virtutis gloria merces
Scientia potestas est
Spambot

Title: Metasemantic Inquisitor
Species: Centauri Moose

Next

Return to Site News